:: Board Setup and Configuration ::
ArduinoPinCurrentLimitations Important information about the limitations on current per pin with Arduino.
Connecting & Powering Arduino
Building and Modifying Arduino type boards.
The components of Arduino boards
Arduino Firmware and modifications
- Bootloading and loading sketch on atmega328P with Arduino mega2560 as ISP http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=187001.0
- Wolf Paulus has an excellent tutorial here on burning the bootloader onto the Atmega168
- A tutorial on how to burn the bootloader using AVR Studio 4 and an AVRISP mkII programmer.
- A tutorial by Sajin George on how to make your own Arduino Serverino using any programer Like USBasp or MkII with AVRDUDE and burning your first Program on Instructables .
- Another tutorial using AVR Studio 4 and an AVRISP mkII programmer, this time to burn the bootloader on an Arduino Bluetooth, aka the Arduino BT.
- Tutorial using AVRISP mkII on Ubuntu Dapper for both ATmega8 and ATmega168, by Margritt 0j0 aka ladybug
- There is also a tutorial in how to run the AVRISP mkII on MACOSX here
- Overview to different programmers to burn the bootloader
- Make a Boot Cloner
- How to burn the bootloader without external AVR-Writer. Burning the bootloader with Avrdude FTDI bitbang right on the NG/Diecimila/Duemilanove PCB.
- Using auto reset with FTDI cables on Linux / MAC
- Turn your Diecimila into an AVR Writer using FTDI bitbang
- only UsbTinyIsp and an Arduino board to burn bootloader on a blank 168p ArduinoBootloader168P
- Carga del Bootloader utilizando ArduinoISP. Para convertir nuestra placa en una "Arduino compatible" y así poder utilizar el entorno de programación Arduino, deberemos cargar en el chip el bootloader del ATMega32U4.
- The bootloader design of Arduino Due explained
- Understanding avrdude output (annotated verbose output from avrdude loading blink sketch).
- Arduino-AVRISPmkII-fix - workaround for the
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb" error when burning bootloader with AVRISP mkII.
- Alternative Bootloaders
- ADABOOT is a free universal bootloader that will run on any Arduino or compatible ATmega168 hardware. It is a derivative of the Arduino NG bootloader, with modifications by Lady Ada and Brian Riley, to handle auto-reset, direct to sketch on power-up, and other mods. For details, source, hex and make files check the webpage.
- Ariadne allows uploading of sketches to the Arduino via Ethernet(TFTP) using Arduino Ethernet/Ethernet Shield/W5100 as well as standard serial upload.
- TFTP Bootloader alternative 1 bootloader to use the Arduino Ethernet Shield or the Arduino Ethernet Board with a bootloader that will allow upgrading the Firmware via TFTP.
- avr_boot SD card bootloader for ATmega processors.
Arduino and the Raspberry Pi
- The Paper-Duino-Pi is a Arduino shield for the Raspberry Pi. Due to the fact that it is designed as Paper-PCB it is easy to create and one doesn't need a printed circuit board.