Interfacing with Other Software
You have come to the place to learn about connecting an Arduino to other devices, whatever software is running on those other devices. The Arduino can "talk", (transmit or receive data data) via a serial channel, so any other device with serial capabilities can communicate with an Arduino. It doesn't matter what program/programming language is driving the other device.
You can either use the Arduino's "main" serial port, the one it uses when you "talk" to it to program it, or you can leave that channel dedicated to programming (and the development environment's serial monitor), and use two other pins for an extra serial link dedicated to the external device.
Some programs (like Flash) don't have native serial capabilities. They can still communicate with Arduino through an intermediary which, like a "translator", enables them to talk to each other.
MakerPlot is Windows® software for plotting analog and digital data generated by your microcontroller and other devices with ASCII serial outputs. No proprietary hardware is required – just a serial connection from your microcontroller or other device to your PC – that’s it!
- jubito: - Wrap your arduino with jubito and dynamically populate HTML5 web interfaces against custom instruction sets. Expose your projects to the internet with the built-in lightweight web server and gain access anywhere in the world, from any device. No extra programming or native code required.
- Serial Communication Interface - A simple interfacing application to start communicating with your board during the design process. Program code is well documented and open source for helping with the learning process.
iArduino is an app which allows you to control your Arduino Board over a WiFi Network with the help of Arduino Ethernet Shield and your iOS devices like iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.You can control output of each pin individually.With the help of iArduino app and your ideas you can create variety of projects and control them Wirelessly with faster response of the iArduino App.
View iArduino App in App Store:
For iPhone and iPod Click Below:
For iPad High Definition Version Click Below:
Here is the Video of iArduino App in action:
Integration between iOS devices or Mac and Arduino has never been so easy !!!
Arduino Manager is an app to control your Arduino board and receive information from it through the new official WiFi Shield or the Ethernet Shield.
The app shows a grid and tapping on it you can insert specialized widgets to send and receive information from Arduino.
Some of the available widgets are:
- Display Widget: This widget shows values coming from your Arduino (i.e. Temperature). It can show numbers with 0,1,2,3 decimal digits or rolling text. Double tap on it to choose to show text or change the precision.
- Led Widget: This widget shows a Led that can be turned on and off through digital values from Arduino. Double tap on a Led Widget to change LED color.
- Switch Widget: This widget sets a digital value to Arduino.
- Push Button Widget: This widget temporarily sets a digital value to Arduino. Double tap on the Push Button Widget to change the button color.
- Knob Widget: This widget sets a non-digital value to Arduino.
- SD Widget: This widget shows the list of files available in the root of SD Card and selecting a file it shows the content.
- Graph Widget: This widget graphs values coming from your Arduino (i.e. Temperature). Double tap on it to zoom it in and change values range.
- Alarm Widget: This widget configures an alarm on the Arduino board which is then fired at the desired time. The alarm is fired even if the iOS device is not connected and retained across power off - power on cycles.
- Command Widget: This widget allows to send a command (text message) to Arduino once the yellow button is tapped. Double Tap the widget to enter the command text. You can add more Command Widgets to send different commands.
- Rover Controller Widget: This widget allows driving a rover robot just rotating the device.
For iPhone & iPad
is an app to control your Arduino over a WiFi
Network or a Ethernet Network. The configuration is full changeable in the necessary ion-Project File. You can control to switch Pins, read Sensor values and act with servos.
ArduIP HD (iPad) AppStore-Link:
ArduIP (iPhone/iPod) AppStore-Link:
Link to the Project-File:
- Arduino + iOS (iPhone+iPad): Ardumote An app for iOS that lets the user design an interface on the iPhone/iPad and send messages to the Arduino wirelessly over WiFi as UDP packets. Supports control of all pins, PWM, and receiving messages for reading sensors.
- Arduino + iPhone / iPad: iArd is an app for iPhone that allows you to communicate with Arduino (and compatible) via the ethernet shield and a special sketch.
- Arduino & iOS: Arduino Control You can use this App to control a Arduino using your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. It uses JSON for communication. You can change the sketch to make it do or return what you want.
- Arduino + iPhone: MeteoBox This is an App for the iPhone that enables Arduino to publish weather data read from the WeatherShield1. The data are formatted in an XML file ready to be transferred through the Ethernet Shield. The provided sketch let you able to interface to other sensors.
- Arduino + Android: Androino is an open-source library that interfaces android and arduino through an audio connection. A software implementation of a modem-like communication.
- Arduino + Android: Amarino
- Arduino + Android: usb-serial-for-android provides a serial port driver interface for use with Arduino and other devices.
- Arduino + Blender
- Arduino + BlitzMax (access restricted to BlitzMax users)
- Arduino + C
- Arduino + C++ (using libSerial)
- Arduino + C++ (for Windows)
- Arduino + C#
- Arduino + C# - Arduino Service Class to interface with Arduino: it also contains an example with a sketch and its schematic
- Arduino + C# (Arduino class for C# and Arduino Firmware) Spanish
- Arduino + Calico (Windows, Mac, and Linux): Python, Jigsaw (a visual programming language), Scheme, and more
- Arduino + Clojure
- Arduino + Cocoa/Objective-C (Mac Only)
- Arduino + Delphi: A general template. The same Arduino code could be used in systems connecting Arduinos with devices programmed with other languages.
- Arduino + Director
- Arduino + E-Prime
- Arduino + Flash
- Arduino + Flowol
- Arduino + FreeBasic
- Arduino + Game Maker
- Arduino + Haskell
- Arduino + Instant Reality (X3D)
- Arduino + Isadora
- Arduino + Java
- Arduino + JSON
- Arduino + L3DGEWorld, l3dgecomm (3D data visualisation tool)
- Arduino + Liberlab (measurement and experimentation software)
- Arduino + Linux TTY
- Arduino + Mathematica
- Arduino + Matlab
- Arduino + MaxMSP
- Arduino + misc generic (1)
- Arduino + misc generic (2) - Any SW via files
- Arduino + Mono
- Arduino + OSC (via Processing)
- Arduino + Pd (Pure data)
- Arduino + PERL
- Arduino + Processing
- Arduino + Python
- Arduino + Ruby
- Arduino + Second Life
- Arduino + Scratch
- Arduino + SQLite - Generic Simple Database input
- Arduino + Squeak
- Arduino + SuperCollider
- Arduino + Twitter
- Arduino + Unity
- Arduino + VBscript
- Arduino + Virtools
- Arduino + Visual Basic .NET
- Arduino + V V V V
- Arduino + Xterm
- Arduino + Reaper - This sketch for Arduino implements a very simple control surface with a MIDI interface for the Reaper Digital Audio Workstation from Cockos http://reaper.fm Emulates a Frontier AlphaTrack MIDI control surface. Works with DFRobot LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino and Duemilanove. Instructions at the top of the sketch.
- Arduino + Silverlight - Details of how to use Arduino, Firmata and Serial Proxy to interact with an interface running in Silverlight. An overview of the requirements are given along with full downloads of all the code.
- TirinoLink for Arduino - TirinoLink is a set of libraries and APIs that allow multiple Arduinos to be connected to a PC, BeagleBoard, PandaBoard etc. Arduinos can be directly connected or daisy-chained to form large autoconfiguring and hot-pluggable networks. USB, serial and Zigbee links can be used. TirinoLink provides easy to use APIs to support arbitrary message passing between Arduinos and the host.
- embedXcode: use Xcode (Mac OS X only) to develop for the Arduino platform.
- Mara : A programming language dedicated to 8bit ATMEL AVR microcontrollers with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It simplifies the programming of Arduino boards for all those who do not wish to use the C language.