Electronics Technique Resources
A tentative page for electronic practice for more experienced practitioners, some of this material has been moved from the Basics page.
Components: an overview of basic electronic components
Make/ commission your own PCBs
- Making your own very simple PCBs, with (relatively) minor expense
- Another DIY PCB tutorial, focused on home fabrication of SMT breakout boards
- Inexpensive service If you can supply a Gerber file, the nice people at BatchPCB.com, connected with Sparkfun, I believe, will make a PCB for you, and make it available to others too, IF you wish. Remember: Fast / Cheap / Good: You cannot have all three. I believe BatchPCB concentrate on the "cheap" and the "good" for you. (There is advice on their site about the Gerber file thing.)
- SeeedStudio is another PCB manufacturer that supports Open Hardware
- a long list of PCB manufacturers (at the OpenCircuits Wiki) will accept Gerber files and make a PCB for you. Many of them are much faster -- and much more expensive -- than Batch PCB.
See the following forum discussion for more info:
- Books for beginners
- More advanced theory and technique books
- Encyclopedic books that may change your life
Electronics resources on the Web