Packets for RPM-Based Linux distros.
Blogdrake group has RPM packets based on official Arduino binaries
For using it you only needs to download and install it.
32 bits: ftp://ftp.blogdrake.net/mageia/mageia3/free/i586/arduino-1.0.6-1bdk.mga3.i586.rpm
64 bits: ftp://ftp.blogdrake.net/mageia/mageia3/free/x86_64/arduino-1.0.6-1bdk.mga3.x86_64.rpm
The packet includes some modifications from the official distribution that avoids the need to change permissions or groups. Just install and use.
Explanation of the changes:
The packet includes all the official binaries for maximum compatibility except for:
- Replaced the RXTX library with the following changes from official binaries:
- Disabled port locking avoiding the need of adding the user to lock group
- Added /dev/ttyACM and /dev/arduino devices
Added a new udev rule that:
- Sets the default permissions of the arduino device to 666 for avoiding the need of adding the user to dialout group.
- Added a link to the device named arduino for auto creating the /dev/arduino device
Source packet: ftp://ftp.blogdrake.net/mageia/mageia3/SRPMS/arduino-1.0.6-1bdk.mga3.src.rpm