Started on 08.06.2007 by Massimo Banzi
Following my post on the tinker.it blog we're going to start this community effort on building the software for the Arduino ethernet board.
First of all some links to people who have worked on similar projects
A basic architecture and work plan would require:
- port the core of arduino to the Atmega32
- integrating the ENC28j60 into uIP, the lightweight IP stack
- make uIP an arduino library
- develop some basic examples of UDP and TCP services or clients
- As of October 2013 such library exists:
- UIPEthernet: A plugin-replacement of the stock Arduino Ethernet library for ENC28J60 shields and breakout boards. Full support for persistent (streaming) TCP-connections and UDP (Client and Server each), ARP, ICMP, DHCP and DNS. Build around Adam Dunkels uIP Stack.
- see: https://github.com/ntruchsess/arduino_uip